Saturday, May 8, 2010

GEM #1

Growing up, I was never pushed to read, and so I never really found much joy in reading. Perhaps a few novels here and there, but that's about it. It's only during the past couple of years that I devoured books and read as if I was afraid I would not get to the gems out there before I hit the bucket.

There are so many great books that changed what I do on a daily basis and I will start to post them here. The first one is really a book that changed how I read books. Something that caught my eye in a second hand book store and when I browsed through it, I instantly knew this was the one I was searching for. I do not really read fiction, and I think that is something that will slowly be added to my list of books. For now, I crave for any non-fiction about business, leadership, communication, influence... hard to believe that a MBA candidate will be drawn to these genres huh?

So this first one is special: Love is the killer app by Tim Sanders



My top 3 ideas from the book:
1. Constantly help your peers, your bosses, your friends by giving knowledge
2. Use books as a solution to their problems
3. Instead of reading, STUDY the books you love; summarize, digest and apply!

No comments:

Post a Comment