Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Apartments and furnishings

The situation for next year is that furniture in the apartment is sort of "rolled over" to the next tenant for a price. However, sine the apartment was listed as furnished, this comes as a surprise. It seems that students in the past have bought things for the apartment and simply sold them to the next ones coming in. The first thing that came to my mind was what if at the end of next year, the next set of tenants don't want to buy the furniture? What do I do? Do I have to haul all of it to my new place? Yikes... it's definitely a tricky situation. In the end, I think we will bite the bullet and pay for all the furnishings hoping that someone will buy it the next year. I do not know what I might do different, knowing what I know now, but keep that in mind when you find yourself a place to stay! At least we have a place ready when we get there.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Howie,
    I am a journalist with Poets & Quants and would love to discuss the MBA application consulting biz in Asia/Singapore with you. Please shoot me an email when you get the chance.
    Best,
    Greg
    gregtspielberg/gmail

    ReplyDelete